Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Feelings.....

I want to get this down on paper before I forget. I still need to begin at the beginning, but will wait until I am no longer in the midst of the transition....

I haven't really had time to think about how I feel about leaving our beautiful home on the hill. I worried that, having left and had to return this past Sunday to review systems with the new owner, all my sense of loss, my grief at the closing of a very vibrant life chapter would come flooding over me. But.....all that is strangely absent! Every time I think about the house; every time I see it, all I feel is an immense sense of RELIEF! I hadn't realized what a taskmaster the place had become, demanding so much in terms of our financial resources (not just for the house, but all the equipment necessary for access!) as well as our physical resources. And the truth of the matter is; we were running quite out of both. There may even have been an underlying sense of resentment towards our lovely home. All I know is there is (at least not yet) no sense of loss, but of freedom gained.

Truly, I understand better how much MORE less is! While the motorhome is quite cramped with too many clothes, shoes and other seeming essentials and I often trip over Fritz's boots splayed out in the narrow walkway, I always know where he is! Oftentimes at home, I would have to call his cell phone to locate him. We even had the amusing experiences of looking for one another, going from room to room, while the other of us was doing the same thing until one of us stopped so the other could catch up! I like his closeness. I'm more content here.

Our (hopefully) new home is on a paved street, with a level, paved driveway. It's all on one level. It's smaller. It has an awesome yard! And Fritz is like a kid in a candy store shopping for a pole building to house the motorhome and truck. This all appeals to me tremendously. With all there is to look forward to, I don't want to take any time to look back. But when I do, it simply affirms that we are on the right path. Like Fritz said,'when you let God lead, there's no reason to look back'. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment